We are running a 2021 Christmas card design competition and invite you to submit a design with an East End/Victorian theme. The winning design will be turned into Christmas cards which the WS will sell during 2021. The winning entrant will be credited on the cards and a prize of £20 will be awarded, along with a complementary pack of 12 Christmas cards.
You can produce your design in any way you wish – it could be a drawing, painting, collage or computer design just as long as you send in the final image as a pic file/scan.
Your design should preferably fit into an
A5 card which should be 200mm (h) x 138mm (w).
Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is open to all current members of the Whitechapel Society
2. There is no entry fee necessary to enter this competition.
3. To be eligible all designs must be received by 5pm Sunday 22nd November 2020 and sent by email to email@example.com
4. The final image file should be 300dpi and supplied as either a JPG, TIF or
5.The judges will comprise of The Whitechapel Society committee whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The Whitechapel Society committee reserve the right to cancel the competition or alter the rules if deemed necessary in its opinion
7. There will be one winner which will be announced in the zoom meeting Saturday 5th December 2020 ( joining details for this meeting will be announced in due course)
8. The copyright of the entire image used in the design must belong to the entrant and must therefore not infringe the copyright or intellectual property rights of any third party.
9. Entrants will retain copyright in the designs submitted. By entering the competition the entrant grants to The Whitechapel Society an exclusive irrevocable perpetual royalty-free licence to use the designs in their sole discretion including but not limited to modifications, publication on our website, social media or any other publicity materials.
10. To the maximum extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Whitechapel Society from and against any and all claims,as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable legal costs) arising from any third party intellectual Property Infringement claims.
11. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.